Reading Is Fundamental
Are you a RIF Member?
Reading Is Fundamental, Inc. (RIF) develops and delivers
children's and family literacy programs that help prepare
young children for reading and motivate older children to
read regularly. In 2000, through a national network of over
310,000 community volunteers, RIF programs provided over
14 million books and other essential literacy resources
to over 4 million children, at no cost to them or their
families. RIF is approaching a milestone that will mark
RIF having placed more then 200 million books in the hands
and homes of America's children. RIF's highest priority
is the nation's neediest children, from infancy to age 11.
Ordering Information for RIF
- RIF orders receive a 40% discount off of the retail
cost of the books.
- RIF orders are shipped free of charge.
- Orders may be sent 24 hours a day to our fax line at
610-495-8708 or to our email address at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may phone in your orders
by using our toll-free number at 1-800-355-BOOK(2665).
- Orders may be placed on our website.
- Because of our "Open Warehouse" policy, books
may be purchased directly from our shelves. This fun and
easy way to purchase books permits you to leave the warehouse
with your order along with your invoices in one trip.
We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:00
pm. Please call for an appointment. Special arrangements
can be made if these hours conflict with your work day.
- Be sure to check your order immediately. All discrepancies
must be reported within 10 days.
- RIF requests that all invoices/checks be forwarded to
RIF/Washington DC within 30 days. Payments from orders
using private funding may be made directly to Towne Book Center,
- Contact our Education Department if you wish to receive
additional order forms or catalogs.
For further information contact Reading is Fundamental,
1825 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20009-5726
Toll Free: 1.877.RIF.READ*www.rif.org